Many people are excited to learn about what God is doing in Liberia and wonder what they can do to be part of the work. The most important thing you can do is pray for our ministry. In fact, SIM’s motto is ‘by prayer’. Ephesians 6:12 tells us “our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Bringing the light of the gospel to people long held in bondage to the evil one is a spiritual battle. But God’s Word promises us, “The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective” (James 5:16). We ask that you would pray for these things:
- Pray that the eyes of the Manya people would be opened to the gospel
- Pray that the Manya believers would stay strong in their faith in spite of persecution.
- Pray that God would build strong churches among the Manya people for His glory.
- Pray that God would raise up partners in the gospel for us as we seek to reach the Manya.
- Pray that we would not lose sight of our vision in all the details of planning, preparing and support-raising that are needed to return to Liberia.
- Pray for the health and safety of the baby growing inside Sara. And pray for us as we prepare to be parents.